Sunday, April 18, 2010

Desert Museum

Scorpions, spiders and snakes...oh my! What a fun {and beautiful} trip to the desert museum. The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a world-renowned zoo, natural history museum and botanical garden, all in one place! We lucked out with a partly cloudy start to our day and enjoyed walking around the grounds.

Ryne loved trying to find the snakes that were blending into their exhibits. He also, of course, loved the desert tortoises. I had so much fun {maybe too much fun} taking pictures of all the desert blooms! Oh, and the hummingbird house {more on that later}! My mom's favorite part was the prairie dogs, and I admit they were pretty darn cute!

Living in Arizona for 11 years {actually, 15 years total} I don't think I've ever been to the desert museum. In fact, I really don't think I ever took the time to really enjoy the unique beauty of the desert. The mission of the museum is to "of the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is to inspire people to live in harmony with the natural world by fostering love, appreciation, and understanding of the Sonoran Desert." Mission accomplished.




{Click photos to view larger}

1 comment:

Em said...

Beautiful pictures! Next time we see you I need lessons!