Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fairest of the Mall

Danbury Fair Mall is the largest shopping mall in Connecticut and was built on land originally used for the Danbury Fair. Each summer, a carnival rolls into town and takes over part of the mall's parking lot as a nod to the original fair that used to take place on that land.

On Father's Day, we spent part of a very hot afternoon at the fair, letting Ryne ride every kiddie ride to his heart's content on an unlimited pass. Flash forward a few weeks and I met up with a friend of mine just prior to sunset to go on a photo expedition at the fair...to my heart's content!


And now...for the fairest of the mall: "Chaises Volantes" aka flying chairs! This was my favorite ride to photograph. Oddly enough, it was also a favorite ride of mine as a little girl. I'm not sure I could stomach it at present time, but it brought back many great leg dangling memories "flying" through the air.

2 comments:

TLB said...

Great photos - as usual!

SPG said...

That ... is ... awesome. I so so love those photos.