Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


This was the view from the kitchen as I took my turn cooking up some yummy Thanksgiving dishes. Pehr's apple pie {more on that later} was baking in the oven, so he and Ryne took a break in the dining room and were searching the internet for photos and facts about outer space, which Ryne has developed an interest in.

Earlier this morning, I asked Ryne what he was thankful for.

:: raspberries ::
:: books from the library ::
:: art ::
:: blueberries ::
:: Neemus & Hazy ::
:: firehouse ::
:: bed ::
:: night night friends ::

Basically, he looked around his room and said things that he saw...although I don't know what made him think of berries!

Oh, yeah. And that apple pie? Well, after Pehr slaved over it all morning, it ended up on the floor {my bad} about an hour before we left for our friend's house! I felt terrible and was crying like a baby! Ryne was so sweet and comforting and kept saying over and over that "It's okay, Mommy. It's okay. We can just get another one!" Luckily, we did have another homemade pie in the freezer from earlier this year, so Pehr stuck the frozen solid replacement in the oven...and we made it to the party only 30 min late. I'm sure I'll never live that down and will not be able to come anywhere close to his pie in the future!

No comments: