
This morning, we celebrated the birthday of our beloved Dr Seuss at a fun event at our local library. I'm on the pre-school committee that helps organize events like this, so I was "on duty." It was a non-school day, so I had my "helper" with me at both sessions {aka birthday parties}.
Ryne and I were in charge of registration, along with a library staffer, and after a bit I had to change gears and head on in to take photos for the event. Ryne did not want to go into the party, and instead insisted on staying out with the staffer to help sign people in...even long after the crowds died down. He told me he wanted to wait for more people in case anyone showed up late. Everyone was amazed at his good behavior and work ethic and maturity for a 3-year old! I think it helped a little that he knew a lot of the guests and wanted to greet them and welcome them to the party!
No comments:
Post a Comment