
Updates from this week:
On Monday, we actually did set off a few "fountain" fireworks in our yard. They were super cheap and I thought it would be fun (even though it was the 6th of July)! These fireworks are little and not loud at all, but Ryne didn't like them. When we asked him if he liked the fireworks he started shaking his head and said "No. Not good." and didn't want us to do any more.
Earlier this week, he was playing in the dirt with a stick (picture bottom left) and right after this photo was taken these two giant, fat earthworms slithered out of the dirt and I think I screamed and then he totally freaked out and started crying. Luckily, he quickly calmed down after I explained to him that they were ok and that they just startled Mommy. I told him that they were "wormies" and that they lived in the dirt, etc. We then sat and watched them bury themselves back in the dirt!
I couldn't resist getting Ryne his second pair of rain boots. These ones are light green "froggy" ones and came with a matching raincoat (top two on the right). They were on clearance and he needed a raincoat anyway, so it was an easy sale. So cute! We still love the cow boots too though!
Overall Updates:
Ryne can count to 13 pretty consistently, although sometimes he counts from 3-13 and skips 1 & 2 which is funny because for the longest time all he used to say was 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2.
Ryne knows lots of colors (can recognize and say): red, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, pink, brown, gray, white, black. He's actually known his colors for quite sometime (probably since March) but I'm not sure I ever posted it.
He knows a few shapes (can recognize and say): circle, triangle, star and heart (sometimes square).
He only knows "A, B, C" but if I'm singing the ABC song and pause, he usually says the next letter for me. Like...LMNO - "P" or QR - "S", TU - "V"...you get the picture!
Ryne loves for me to sing songs to him - at bath time! Otherwise I still usually get "Mommy no singing!" Some favorites include Mary had a Little Lamb, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Row Row your Boat, Wheels on the Bus and Twinkle Twinkle.
He loves to color and draw. Usually draws lines, circles and arches. Tells us what he's drawn ("big kitty" or "butterguy").
Ryne asolutely loves to kick the ball around outside. He really enjoys doing a running kick (kind of like a dribble) and will say "RyRy do/did a running kick!" Today, he did a backward pass-type move while we were out playing soccer and Pehr was so proud!
He loves to play with cars and has quite a nice Matchbox/Hot Wheels collection going. A lot of the cars were gifts, and he'll tell you who gave him the car if you ask him.
He's now out of the highchair and in a booster seat for mealtime! We also bought him a potty seat...but are just letting him sit on it (clothed) for now to "introduce" him to the concept. So far, he likes to sit on it when I'm in there and always asks for toilet paper and then pretends to flush, shuts the lid (good boy!) and pretends to wash and dry his hands!
Ryne saw his first movie in the movie theatre (and two more since then) as part of the summer kids movie program. They're older movies and were only $1 per person - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. He did great and once I told him that it was like a really big TV and that I brought popcorn - he was thrilled! He definitely doesn't sit still the entire movie, but we've never had to leave early. He just walks back and forth between my seat and his and sometimes leans on the seat in front of his (as long as it's not occupied). He actually really surprised me with his good behavior since he's yet to sit through an entire movie at home!
When I put him down to sleep for his nap, he sometimes tells me to "sleepy good Mommy" because he thinks we go to sleep as well. A few times last week when he woke up and I asked him what he dreamed about...he said "Mommy." Again...not sure he really understands what dreaming is all about, but..it still melts my heart!
I usually put the cats away before I put Ryne down to sleep and I tell Ryne to say Night Night to the kitties. Lately, this is what he says to them: "NiNi kitties. I love you. See you in the morning! (or See you soon!)" Adorable!
He's starting to talk in the first person more. "I like Mickey Mouse." and "My water!" He hasn't gone through a "mine" stage yet, but the "my" phase is just starting! He used to only (and still does a lot) call himself RyRy or Ryne and refer to himself in the third person.
He uses the word "too" which I find pretty amazing (but maybe it's normal). For example, the other day in the car he said: "I like strawberries. {You do?!} Yeah. Daddy like strawberries, too! {He does?!} Yeah. Mommy like strawberries too! {You're right. I do like strawberries!}"
Says things like "Be careful!" or "Watch out!" and "What happened?!"
Some new words...although he pretty much says anything and everything now. If we say it...he knows it! Laundry, zipper, jammies, picture, fireworks, ambulance, bulldozer, motorcycle, helicoptor
1 comment:
Another lovely collage! So fun! :) (How did you like Valkyrie? We saw it last fall in the theater.)
Post a Comment