Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thus Far...

Our week in review...well, thus far!

Our cat Mitsy was following me around, meowing, and Ryne said "Mommy, Mitsy starving!"

Ryne has gotten into the habit of stalling at nap time after I close his door, by saying things like "I love you" "I miss you" "Bye" and "Sleepy good" and will keep repeating them over and over again until I respond with the same phrase. Eventually I just have to say "I love you too. Now, go to sleep!"

Ryne can climb up onto Mommy and Daddy's bed and can climb up into my SUV and into his car seat by himself. He's also getting really fast at going up the stairs. I barely have time to close the door before he's already halfway up! He says "RyRy climbing fast." And then some days he says "RyRy climbing slow."

Ryne has always had a very keen sense of direction. He knows our routes around town and knows what we'll pass along the way, before we even get there. Some of our routes take us past a little municipal airport and Ryne loves to point out the planes. This week while on our way to music class, he said to me "RyRy go music class. RyRy no see airplanes." And, he was correct! We weren't going to pass the airport en route to music class.

Ryne's recently started to love ice cubes in his water. But, with the humidity out here, the cup starts "sweating." Ryne now says "I need napkin" when I give him his ice water!

Ryne uses the word "either" now. When I give him a choice between two acceptable options, instead of choosing one or the other like he used to, he now says {for example} "I no eat pancakes. I no eat waffles either."

If I ask Ryne "do you want to walk, or do you want Mommy to hold you?" he'll say "Mommy hold you" instead of me.

I've started to use the timer for nap time and bed time, as a countdown. I'll say "OK. You have 10 minutes before nap time!" He knows that when he hears the beep-beep that it's time for bed. But, every now and then he'll say "No. Thirteen. No. Eleventeen. No. Eighteen!"

Ryne loves his fruit and veggies. In fact, we usually have to hide the fruits and veggies and save them until the end of the meal, otherwise he won't eat the meal itself. The other night for dinner he picked out the tomatoes from his (and my) dinner and refused to eat the pasta. Then he ate green beans and had strawberries and blueberries for "dessert." Some weeks I swear we go through 3-4 pounds of strawberries and 1-2 pints of blueberries every week! He eats them every day!

Ryne called me Erin today. I do realize that it is my name, but it was still the weirdest feeling! I went in to get him from his nap and he said "Erin!" I said "What did you say?" He repeated "Erin!" So, I asked, "Who's Erin?" He said, "Mommy!" I then asked him what Daddy's name was and he said "I don't know." Pehr rarely calls me by my name, so the only thing I can think of is that he heard the other mom's in our playgroup calling me that. Let's just hope he doesn't get into the habit of calling me by my first name all the time!




Our lawn is being infested and we're being attacked by Cicada Killer Wasps! There were 6 burrows on Monday and as of today there are at least burrows 16 in our yard! Terminex comes on Friday. I'm hoping they can exterminate these suckers!

We almost hit a deer last night, but luckily we were able to avoid it!

We saw our first fawn in our yard today while eating dinner. I tried to get some pictures, but was too late. Adorable little thing with white spots - our very own Bambi!

1 comment:

TLB said...

Kaylynn calls Chris "Kiss". ;) It's cute, but he's always correcting her. ;) And I think Kaylynn has a better sense of direction - she tells me where to turn to go to the library, My Gym, etc. They're so funny!