Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ryne's First Ride

Here's Ryne on Tuesday, checking out his first bike! I found this used Kettler tricycle at a big tag sale in our area last weekend. The guy was asking $5 - so I took it. Come to find out they Amazon sells them new for over $200!

We've been looking for something like this for a while now, and love that it has the push bar so we don't break our backs bending over to push him around since he doesn't really use the pedals yet...and hasn't quite figured out the whole steering thing either. Ryne was so excited when I showed it to him, and he couldn't wait for Daddy to get home and see "my new bike!"


Some things to note about this photo:

Jammies - yes, this was after our {attempt at a} nap, and he didn't want to change.

Rain boots - nope, not raining. It was a beautiful, crisp "fall" day. But, the rain boots were the only shoes I could imagine fitting over the footed PJs.

Hat - yep, there's that hat again! His new hat was put away for the summer, but this one was easily accessible. When I put it on Ryne, he said "This my new hat? You buy it?" I told him that technically it's his old hat and that Grandma bought it for him right after he was born. "Oh." It's a little small now, and he took it off about half an hour later saying his head was "sweaty." I guess I overdressed him for the weather - I was freezing inside the house, but it was actually pretty nice outside.

Face - Please pardon the boogies and remnants of our afternoon snack {blackberries and chocolate pudding} on his face. With the weather turning cooler, he's had a bit of a runny nose the last few days. Tis the season I guess!


A few other things Ryne has said lately...

"Wait a minute!"

"Watch this! Ready?"

"That's a great {or good} idea."

"I like this song {in the car}!" We were listening to his Mickey Mouse or Elmo CDs for the longest time in my car {over, and over, and over again} but we left them in Daddy's car the week he took off and haven't gotten them back yet {hmmm...}. So, now we listen to the radio. One of his favorites is a song he calls the "NiNi Song" which is really the Black Eyed Peas song "I Gotta Feeling" with lyrics like "I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night, that tonight's gonna be a good, good night!"

"That's not very nice."

"I making crumbs."

"I'm sorry too, Mommy {or Daddy}!" It's so cute...if we tell Ryne "I'm sorry" he always says he's sorry too.

"Look at me {or this}!"

Ryne was taking "pictures" with a little piece of plastic, pretending it was a camera. Like mother, like son! He would go up to various things and say "I take picture of Mommy's car. Cheese. Good job!"

YAY...Ryne says "Go Cowboys!"

Pehr was reading a story to Ryne and pointed to the number "7" and asked Ryne what it was. Ryne said "tattoo!" {Pehr has a small tattoo of a "7" on his ankle!}

Ryne told me this morning at breakfast that his "waffle is kind of yucky. I need crackers!"

We've been giving Ryne a concoction of lemon and honey for his cold {we call it lemonade}. We put it in an actual little glass instead of his normal plastic sippy cups. He asked me if I wanted some and then said "Mommy, be careful. It spills."

I've been telling Ryne that he's going to need a haircut and he keeps saying that he doesn't want one. I got out of the shower and my hair was wet and down {I usually wear it up} and Ryne told me "you need haircut!"

3 comments:

Mom said...

That IS quite the outfit!
You are freezing in your house? Yikes, I can't wait to see what it feels like in December when we come! I better start looking for some warm socks and long underwear!

Lin and Didi Lawson said...

That's quite a bargain you got with that bike, it's a beauty, and Ryne is sooo cute. I miss him so much!

TLB said...

That is a true toddler outfit!