
Our boy is growing up! WOW! Ryne had his first day of school {pre-school...2 days a week for about 3 hours a day}. Ryne got a special pancake breakfast in the morning, which I craftily cut into his name.
I also used his art easel to make a special display for his first day of school. When he asked what it said, I told him that it said "Ryne's 1st day of pre-school." He looked at it thoughtfully and said "Hmmm...but it doesn't say my name!" Little smarty! He was right...it just said "1st day of pre-school" so I ran back inside to get the chalk and snuck in "Ryne's" at the top. That made him happy!
He was very excited to use his "school" backpack that he got as a gift from Uncle Shawny way back at Christmas...and we saved it for his special day. On the way to school, he told me that he named his backpack "Sink." I thought he was pretty clever to name his backpack "think" {you know, with going to school and learning and everything} but then he corrected me and said it was "SINK." So, there you have it. He also got to carry a little soft-cover book in his backpack that has pictures of everyone who loves him in case he got sad.
Ryne also told me at least 3 times on the drive to school {about an 8 minute drive!} that he would really miss me. He got teary eyed and choked up every time he said it too...but held strong and was really brave. He was also very curious about what I would do with my time when I wasn't with him. I told him I was going to go to the grocery store and run some errands. He said "Mommy, when you go to the grocery store, you can listen to the radio if you want" {as opposed to his usual CDs}.
Ryne had lots of fun on his first day of school and it really helped that he has a lot of friends in his class and that his teachers are so sweet and loving! Ryne asked me at least another 3 times on the ride back home after school if I missed him. Of course I did!
"The First Day"
A morning of mixed emotions as you pulled up to school today,
We know how hard it was to leave, knowing your child will stay.
You've been with them for three years now and have been a loving guide.
We know how hard it was to leave, knowing your child will stay.
You've been with them for three years now and have been a loving guide.
But now, alas, the time has come, to leave them at our side.
Just know that as you drive away and tears down your cheeks may flow
We'll love them as we would our own and help them learn and grow.
Just know that as you drive away and tears down your cheeks may flow
We'll love them as we would our own and help them learn and grow.
2 comments:
CUTE! Love the collage. Are you going to post any Halloween costume photos? ~Dee
Where are you? I miss your blog. ~D
Post a Comment