Friday, May 1, 2009

Flashback Friday: Hey Good Lookin'!

It's Friday, so you know what that means...


Flashback: You're in luck - it's a Flashback collage today! The theme over at I ♥ Faces earlier this week was all about "Reflections" as in those in a mirror, glass or water, not a reflective, thoughtful look on someone's face. My entry didn't include any of the above photos, but the theme did bring back memories of this 8-month "photo shoot" I did with Ryne back in January 2008. We were "living" with my parent's while in transition, waiting for our Visas to be ready so we could move to Paris. My parent's bathroom (which is quite large) has 3 sets of closet mirrors in it and Ryne had a blast looking at himself! These photos are the reflections in the mirror. Check out all of these silly faces that he's making at himself. Imagine the thought process of a little baby and the wonder of it all. To see things through their eyes...how amazing everything is. His expression in the photo on the top right is especially hilarious to me...drool and all! Don't forget that you can click on the collage to view it full screen!

A few other things to note about these photos. See...Ryne was a baldy at one time! Sometimes it's hard to remember and I'm not sure when all of his hair started finally growing, but it's a little out of control now as we approach his 2nd birthday (I'm still not 100% sure if we'll cut it yet). This was his mohawk phase when his hair pretty much only grew on the top of his head, not the sides. Photos of our first few months overseas really showcase that crazy 'do! Also, I know Ryne is big for his age and is at the top of the charts for weight and height, but man alive...look at those arms - or more specifically those wrists! I gotta say, I love every little inch of that boy!

No comments: