
A friend of mine referred me to this website called Food Tidings. This website will be a lifesaver i you've ever been in a position in your church, mom's group or various other organizations where you had to coordinate meal delivery for someone or a family during a transitional time of life (i.e. having a new baby, confined to bedrest, grieving over the loss of a loved one, recovering from surgery, hospitalization).
That's my role in our local mom's group. They call me the Sunshine Coordinator...aww!!! Normally I coordinate meal delivery (usually 3-4 meals) from our members when a mom in our group has a new baby. Recently, however, one of our fellow members found out that her 18 month old daughter has leukemia. She also has a 3 year old son. To learn more about Hannah, you can log on to read her story and an update on her progress.
We decided to launch a massive effort to take care of this family, providing 3 meals a week through the end of March. Food Tidings makes everything streamlined and really helps eliminate time and confusion that can be caused when organizing a meal delivery. This way, the family isn't getting two meals delivered on the same night and isn't receiving lasagna on consecutive nights. Like I said...this website is a lifesaver!
1 comment:
I wish I would have known about this a few years ago. I was the "meal coordinator" for our church before Abby was born. One of the mom's in our mom's group had a baby born at 26 weeks and was in the hosptial for several months. I coordinated meals for them during their entire journey. I can't tell you how many meal deliveries I planned for new moms or people who were sick. Thanks for sharing!! Yay for you!! It's a blessing for sure.
Post a Comment