
"I no say something." Ryne says this out of the blue when he doesn't have anything to say. He he he!
There were a couple of rough months there without naps, and he would yell from his crib "I no sleepy good. I go NiNi early!" because we would tell him that if he doesn't nap he has to go to bed early.
Sometimes he is just such a good...smart boy! One day I was leaving a store and we pulled out of the parking lot and he tells me "Uh oh. I no have seat belt!" Sure enough, I looked back and I had forgotten to buckle him in. I said "OK. Just stay still and don't move!" and pulled over to buckle him in. Grrrr...Mommy brain!
"I a baby when I was one. I two now."
Every now and then, Ryne will specifically ask to snuggle. But, sometimes if I'm the one that asks to snuggle and he's too busy playing, he'll tell me to "Go snuggle with youself!"
When he asks me something and I say "Sure" he says "No, don't say that. You say 'Yes.'"
If I say "You're a silly billy" he says "No. I not 'silly billy' I Ryne."
Ryne likes to take a little basket that I keep on the book shelf and put it on his arm and say "Bye bye. See you later. I going to work!" One night I asked him where he works and he said "On Mars." So, Pehr asked him if he could go to work with him and Ryne said "No, Daddy. You work on Earth!"
Ryne was playing with his stuffed Elmo doll and he said "Elmo has a poopy diaper. Whoa, it's a dirty one! I need help with this one. I need wipes. And...butt cream!"
We ate something for dinner one night and Ryne asked if it was meat. We told him that it was bacon and that it comes from pigs. He said "Mmmm...thanks piggy!"
He is going through a separation anxiety phase right now and often transfers his concerns to his stuffed animals or other inanimate objects (i.e. cars, pumpkins) and he'll say that they're sad because "they don't know where Mommy and Daddy go." He also gets very concerned in a book when only the Mommy is talked about. For example "Guess How Much I Love You?" Just think about some great childhood classics...I never noticed it, but Ryne does:"Where's the Daddy?"
Ryne was in his cozy coupe car and said "Bye-bye. See you later! I going to Mary Had a Little Lamb's house."
Some of the random words that he knows and uses: "Naughty" "Slippery" and "Stuff" {not all in the same sentence!}
One night, right before bed, Ryne said "I want to watch TV a little bit." I told him that he couldn't because it was almost bedtime. So, he said "No, it's almost TV time."
Ryne tries to share. Tries. For example, he'll say "Hold on. I find you a baby one" meaning the smallest one. Or, he'll say "I have first one, you have second one."
When he wants to interrupt or wants us to just stop talking, he'll say "Hold on" or "Sorry" or "Wait a minute!"
Ryne's the "hall monitor" of the group {uh-oh!} At a recent Halloween party, Ryne said to some of his friends "Hey guys! No throwing these things!"
Out of the blue, Ryne told me that his octopus bath toy was going to be a mermaid for Halloween. I thought it was a pretty smart connection!
"See ya!"
Sometimes I call our cats by nicknames, like Miss Mitsy or Mitz or Calster but Ryne will say "No, not Calster. That Callie!"
There were a couple of rough months there without naps, and he would yell from his crib "I no sleepy good. I go NiNi early!" because we would tell him that if he doesn't nap he has to go to bed early.
Sometimes he is just such a good...smart boy! One day I was leaving a store and we pulled out of the parking lot and he tells me "Uh oh. I no have seat belt!" Sure enough, I looked back and I had forgotten to buckle him in. I said "OK. Just stay still and don't move!" and pulled over to buckle him in. Grrrr...Mommy brain!
"I a baby when I was one. I two now."
Every now and then, Ryne will specifically ask to snuggle. But, sometimes if I'm the one that asks to snuggle and he's too busy playing, he'll tell me to "Go snuggle with youself!"
When he asks me something and I say "Sure" he says "No, don't say that. You say 'Yes.'"
If I say "You're a silly billy" he says "No. I not 'silly billy' I Ryne."
Ryne likes to take a little basket that I keep on the book shelf and put it on his arm and say "Bye bye. See you later. I going to work!" One night I asked him where he works and he said "On Mars." So, Pehr asked him if he could go to work with him and Ryne said "No, Daddy. You work on Earth!"
Ryne was playing with his stuffed Elmo doll and he said "Elmo has a poopy diaper. Whoa, it's a dirty one! I need help with this one. I need wipes. And...butt cream!"
We ate something for dinner one night and Ryne asked if it was meat. We told him that it was bacon and that it comes from pigs. He said "Mmmm...thanks piggy!"
He is going through a separation anxiety phase right now and often transfers his concerns to his stuffed animals or other inanimate objects (i.e. cars, pumpkins) and he'll say that they're sad because "they don't know where Mommy and Daddy go." He also gets very concerned in a book when only the Mommy is talked about. For example "Guess How Much I Love You?" Just think about some great childhood classics...I never noticed it, but Ryne does:"Where's the Daddy?"
Ryne was in his cozy coupe car and said "Bye-bye. See you later! I going to Mary Had a Little Lamb's house."
Some of the random words that he knows and uses: "Naughty" "Slippery" and "Stuff" {not all in the same sentence!}
One night, right before bed, Ryne said "I want to watch TV a little bit." I told him that he couldn't because it was almost bedtime. So, he said "No, it's almost TV time."
Ryne tries to share. Tries. For example, he'll say "Hold on. I find you a baby one" meaning the smallest one. Or, he'll say "I have first one, you have second one."
When he wants to interrupt or wants us to just stop talking, he'll say "Hold on" or "Sorry" or "Wait a minute!"
Ryne's the "hall monitor" of the group {uh-oh!} At a recent Halloween party, Ryne said to some of his friends "Hey guys! No throwing these things!"
Out of the blue, Ryne told me that his octopus bath toy was going to be a mermaid for Halloween. I thought it was a pretty smart connection!
"See ya!"
Sometimes I call our cats by nicknames, like Miss Mitsy or Mitz or Calster but Ryne will say "No, not Calster. That Callie!"
Ryne heard me say merci beaucoup in my fake french accent and he laughed and said "No say marcy boo boo!"
"Good boy!" and "Bad boy!" He says good and bad boy to everyone, regardless of the gender! It's especially funny/cute when he says "Good boy, Mommy!"
"I be right back. I go check my email. OK?" A few seconds later he comes in holding his (my old) cell phone. I asked him if he got any email and he said "Yeah. I got email from my friend mailman. He give me a package."
When he asks a question, and I explain the answer to him, he says "Oh, OK. Gotcha."
"It's dark. Very, very, very dark!"
"My Daddy is my friend!"
1 comment:
These are all great!
Post a Comment