Thursday, February 28, 2008
Baby Talk?
So, Ryne has been saying “Baba” and “Dada” since he was 5 months old. He finally started staying “Mama” at 8 months old. Otherwise his ramblings consist of just the usual baby babblings. But, this past week his vocabulary has expanded…tremendously! Monday night we were in the living room and a song came on the radio. I liked it so I asked Pehr “Who sings this song?” Pehr says, “Kanye West.” How he knew this, I'm not sure. Anyway, a couple of seconds later Ryne says, “Kanye!” We both looked at each other and said “Did he just say ‘Kanye’?” I swear he did! The next night Pehr was playing with Ryne and his Elmo puppet in the living room. Pehr was saying Elmo this and Elmo that (I’m sure it was something quite profound but I can’t recall the specifics) and all of a sudden Ryne says “Elmo”! Seriously! That same night I was getting Ryne ready for bed and I kept saying “Hi” to him and sure enough he repeated me. Now, these may have all just been coincidence or the mindless mimics of a 9 month old, but I think we might have a little genius on our hands – no bias here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think so too! Wow! Isabella hasn't started saying anything besides the requisite mama, dada, and shrieking like a girl! But she is crawling with her brace on (I never thought that would happen!) and she's even pulling herself up to standing, my girl has some strong arms on her!
Post a Comment