Well, it's been one year since we moved over there and we do miss it, that's for sure. I guess it's the whole "grass is always greener" syndrome! Plus, who knows if we'll ever go back to Paris. If we do happen to get back to Europe one day, I'm sure we'd want to explore some of the other countries that we didn't get to visit during our time over there.
I was trying to think about what we did last Valentine's Day and then I remembered that we had just moved to Paris. The three of us were living in a tiny hotel room (and, if you've ever been to Europe, you know what I mean by tiny). Ryne was still trying to adjust to the time difference (i.e. up to "play" from 2-5am every morning!) The weather was rainy and freezing. Pehr had to work that day, and then I think we just ordered room service that night. Nice, huh? There we were in the City of Love and this is what we came up with. What a bunch of party animals!
What we miss...
- Walking everywhere!
- Chocolate and pastries
- Nutella crepes
- Baguettes with jambon beurre (ham and butter...OMG - my favorite!)
- Weekly (sometimes daily) trips to the outdoor markets
- Always having something fun and new and exciting to do and explore on the weekends
- Weekly housekeeping (yeah, that's a big one!)
- Beautiful parks!
- French music
- No good English TV (it was actually nice not having anything better to do than read a good book, instead of having too much to watch on TV and thus not enough time to read). OK, maybe I'm the only one who misses this... I have no willpower when it comes to good 'ole American reality TV and crime dramas! LOL!
Luckily I took (lots and lots and lots) of photos of our time over there so it's nice to be able to reminisce every now and then.
Paris, Je t'aime!
1 comment:
lol. I miss your time in paris! I loved seeing all the pics are dreaming :)
Post a Comment