Friday, June 6, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

We are keeping Pehr’s Mom and Dad busy! (ETA: Random thought. I always want to say “The Lawsons”…but that might be confusing to some of you. One of my friends wrote to me recently “I love keeping updated on the Lawsons” and I thought “The Lawsons have a blog?!” DUH! Pehr and I are “The Lawsons,” but I’ll always think of Pehr’s parents as “The Lawsons.”).

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Tuesday night after our long drive back from Germany, Pehr took his parents to see Sacre Coeur and the Montmarte area, including the Moulin Rouge.



Wednesday, Pehr’s Mom and Dad went to the Louvre in the morning and then I took them to see the mini-me Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Ryne even got to go on the carousel next to the Eiffel Tower with his Oma. Later that night Pehr took his parents to the top of the Arc d'Triomphe so they could see the Paris sunset (yes, at 9:50pm!) and the Eiffel Tower twinkle at 10pm.




Thursday morning Pehr’s parents went to the Musee d’Orsay and then later that afternoon I took them to Notre Dame and we climbed the 422 steps to the TOP! I was wearing Ryne in the Moby wrap the whole way up so later that night my back was killing me! Basically, the steps spiral up to the top and the stairwell gets more and more narrow as you get closer to the top. The steps are slick and are uneven with grooves set in them from the spots where everyone steps. Luckily, there are several stops along the way. First they corral everyone into the gift shop and let us (or force us to) spend a good 10 min in there looking around. Then they take everyone to the first viewing area, up close and personal with all of the gargoyles – very cool! Each gargoyle is different and unique. There were beautiful views of the city from up there too! We also went into the bell tower. Then they let us go to the very top of the tower and we got to see more beautiful panoramic views of Paris.









Thursday night Pehr’s Mom and Dad watched Ryne so Pehr and I could have a night out. We decided to go visit the Musee d’Orsay since Thursday is the late night opening. I’d already been there with my parents once before, but Pehr hadn't been to that museum yet. We grabbed a quick sandwich and ate on the steps of the museum and then toured around for a couple of hours.

Today Pehr’s parents are visiting the Palace at Versailles. I don't know if we’ll do anything tonight…I’m sure they’ll be pooped when they get back, and the airport shuttle picks them up tomorrow morning, bright and early at 6:30am! Whew – talk about a whirlwind trip. Hopefully they enjoyed their time in Paris and got to see the major things. We enjoyed having them as our guests and showing them around the city!

1 comment:

Em said...

WOW sounds like you guys have been more than busy. I'm sure that they are loving it! I'm a litle jealous:)