Monday, June 16, 2008

Ouchie!

Ryne got an ouchie tonight! I’ve said this before, but he's a brave and rough little boy, so it’s no wonder that it’s pretty much a daily occurrence for him to bonk his head or smash his fingers. But tonight he fell and got a little cut right near his left eye!

It was almost his bedtime so he was getting giddy as usual and was standing at his book cabinet with the door open. I was sitting right there but next thing I knew he stepped on a book and slipped and hit his head on the edge of the cabinet door! My Mommy reflexes were not fast enough this time! He started screaming, but I just thought he had bonked his head. I was holding him and comforting him and upon further inspection I noticed the cut. It never really bled, but it did start to get puffy almost right away. I’m just so glad that it missed his eye! Anyway, I put a cold, wet rag on the cut for a little bit, but Ryne was getting annoyed so that didn’t last long. Then I put some Eucerin Aquaphor on it. The packaging says its ok for minor cuts but not to get it in the eye. Well, I just put on a thin layer, not enough to get in his eye if he rubbed it or anything. I also gave him some Tylenol before he went to sleep. I’m not looking forward to seeing what it looks like tomorrow. He’ll probably have a black eye. I know some people say that kids have to fall and whatnot to learn their lesson, but believe me…Ryne will not learn – I swear he thinks he is invincible.

I feel horrible! I hope he doesn’t get a scar on his face. But, hey, chicks dig scars right?!

OK, this doesn' t look as bad as it did in person. Or, maybe I'm just being an overprotective mother!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't worry too much! They all get it a few times...Tanner still gets bumps and bruises pretty much every day, and he's 5!! Hope he doesn't get a black eye, that wouldn't be fun.

Em said...

It is so hard to see them get hurt. Sometimes I can't believe how many bumps and bruises Mark has. Funny that Mark fell almost the same way last week at the office and hit a corner. OUCH!

Anonymous said...

Haden is constantly getting hurt...I just can't keep him from it...really I think it is a boy thing,lol!! I had to reschedule his 1 year pics for a month cause of bruises and cuts. I have even started to get used to them if that is possible. He is a beautiful boy!!! Love Ya~ Michelle

Pirijo and Donny said...

Sabine did something like that around that age too. She was running around the couch, in the old house, fell, and hit the corner of the fireplace. She had a black eye for a few days. Even today, though, when she smiles real big, there's kind of a dimple at the corner of her eye where it happened :-(

Pirijo