To continue our fun weekend, we went to a local orchard on Sunday and picked apples! It was a blast! I've never gone apple picking before (at least not to my knowledge) but Pehr used to go with his family in Germany so that brought back memories for him. Ryne had a great time saying "apple" all day and he loved picking up the apples off the ground. It was a beautiful sunny day with a little chill in the air.
We picked a whole bushel of apples and we were even able to get some pears out of the barrel before we left. We shared a fresh, homemade cinnamon sugar donut. And, because it was a special occasion, we gave Ryne his first taste of apple cider, which is actually the first thing he's ever had to drink besides water and milk...needless to say, he loved it!
We have so many apples we don't even know what to do with, so I've been searching the Internet looking for any and all recipes that we can use to make with apples. Pehr made his Mom's famous apple pie for the first time - and it was DELICIOUS!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Beautiful leaves! I love the hat. Looks like a perfect day!
I wished I was there picking apples, too.
Post a Comment