Thursday, April 2, 2009

Poll: Car Mileage

Well, it's been an awfully busy week so far, although I don't really have anything exciting and interesting to write about, and no new photos to share. So...it's poll time!

A friend of mine just posted that they got a new car, and it got me thinking. We got my new car (the MomMobile) almost exactly 2 years ago right before Ryne was born. Wow...time flies! Pehr had to do lots of convincing to trade in my old car, but I'm glad he did because I love it!

My car is 2 years old now and has 15,800 miles on it! That's pretty good, I think! Keep in mind that my car has driven across the country several times! Let's see...

Chicago - Seattle
Seattle - Arizona
Arizona - Connecticut (pulling a trailer)

However, my car was also only driven once a week for 5 months while we were in Paris and it was housed at my parent's house. Also, being a Stay at Home Mom means I don't have a daily commute, unless you count the various playdates, classes, groups, outings and errands that we go to each day, most of which are within 5 miles of home.

So, it got me wondering...how many miles does your current car have on it? Take the poll on the left side of my blog!

2 comments:

SunnyInspiration said...

My car is only 3 years old and has more than 50,000 miles on it!

Brandie said...

The closet grocery store to our house is almost 20 mintues away. I've gotten pretty good at running errands when going anywhere so I'm not making special trips for milk (ugh). My pediatrian is almost an hour a way (one way) so it feels like this year I've been driving A LOT! We got my Pilot when we were pregnant with Ella ---it will be 5 years old this September and has about 75,000 on it. I just got my first brake job last week. It's been an amazing mom-mobile! If I got a new car for myself, I'd probably get another Pilot! Jeff loves his new Accord. I think it was a smart choice!