I smuggled a couple of boxes of cornbread over with us when we moved to Paris because a friend of mine that I'd been in contact with who already lived over here told me they didn’t sell it here. Yes, I’m talking about the cheap Jiffy cornbread mix. Pehr thought I was crazy (and it took up precious space in our limited number of suitcases), but I didn’t care – I insisted on bringing it. I never really liked cornbread before, but then when I was pregnant I had major cravings and we would eat it at least once a week. The habit continued even after Ryne was born. I haven’t had any since we moved here – I’ve been hoarding it saving it for a “special” occasion I guess.
Well, it being Tuesday and all…seemed like a special enough occasion for me! So, tonight we had pork cops and gravy, cornbread and green beans! Mmmm!
And it was puree’d sweet potato and applesauce with a slice of wheat bread for Ryne. It was his first time with wheat bread, but he did great! I cut off the crust and just gave him the whole slice and he nibbled on it while we ate our dinner. We thought he ate almost the entire slice…until we took him out of his highchair and there was about ½ a slice worth of bread crumbs on his seat!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love cornbread - but the Marie Callendar's mix is better! :) ~D
Post a Comment