Tuesday, April 15, 2008

YAMS!

Yesterday I was on the hunt for birthday decorations – only 1 month away! I came across this little store that’s kind of like a dollar store in the States. It just had lots of random, cheap junk. Well, that’s my kind of store! It was fun looking around at all of the random items. I didn’t find any good birthday decorations, but I got some hangers, two nice canvas foldable storage boxes with lids and a new game – YAMS! It’s just like YAHTZEE, but everything is in French. It was super cheap, and only comes with a handful of scorecards and doesn’t have the tumbler for the dice, but we can’t wait to play it – WOO HOO! Pehr was like “Why is it called YAMS?” I told him that it’s just a different name for the same game. YAHTZEE is just the commercialized name for the game. Then he asked if he would have to yell out “YAMS” when he rolls a Yahtzee. Yes, of course! When in France...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I thought it was going to be a post on the vegetable. Have fun playing! :) ~D