Today I finally received Ryne's First Year photo book in the mail! I created and ordered it almost a month ago and I guess they were so backed up with that free photo book offer from Oprah that their processing time was really delayed. But, it was well worth the wait and I must say, this is one check in the Good Mommy column for sure!
I used to be big into paper scrapbooking, but let's face it, I don't have the time or effort to do that anymore! It saddened me to do so, but I actually sold a ton of my scrapbooking supplies (paper, scissors, punches, stickers, etc) a couple of months ago because I realized that I've moved into the 21st century and I really prefer digital scrapbooking. It's less expensive, doesn't take up a lot of space (except maybe on your hard drive), it's not messy and doesn't take a week to complete one page. If you've never tried it, I would highly recommend the digital photo books! They offer all different styles and sizes and it's super easy. Drag and drop the photos, add captions and titles, select backgrounds, fonts, borders, etc. I love the custom photo cover books too, and I was able to make Ryne's cover a little more special using my digital scrapbooking software. If you're not ready to go fully into the digital age, perhaps order a simple and plain solid color background and use stickers and embellishments on each page to add a special, personal touch. Either way, if you haven't already, you should definitely try it sometime soon!
There are many sites out there, but these are some of my favorites:
Snapfish
Shutterfly
Kodak Gallery
Anyway, I can't wait to show off his 1 Year book...but, that would mean you'd have to come for a visit, now wouldn't it? I decided that after the craziness of the holidays wears down, I'm going to be proactive and start on Ryne's 2nd year album and that way I can just add as I go instead of trying to compile a year's worth of pictures in a few days.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YEAH for you.
I did a paper book for Ella's first year...and am debating about doing a digital book for Abby. I think you may have swayed me.
:0)
I think doing ANYTHING special like that is a huge plus.
I'd love to see it!
B
I still can't give up traditional scrapbooking. Am making one for my sis of my niece's first year. (haven't started it yet!) But, I need to make a digital one too. I have CM Storybook software. ~D
Post a Comment