Here are some updates and photos from this past week for your reading and viewing pleasure...
Monday morning when I went to get Ryne out of his crib, I was greeted with "Oooooh, Mommy pink!" in response to the bright pink, velour sweatshirt I was wearing.
While at a play date this week, one of the kids said "Oopsy daisy" and Ryne said "Me-ow" at the other side of the room. Random, I know, until I made the connection. There's a song in music class that goes "Oopsy daisy, fiddle dee dee. Come and play in the garden with me. Me-ow!" Smarty!
Ryne likes to provide a running commentary of our lives:
"Ry Ry running," "Mommy cough" (which sounds like "Mommy cop" - so cute!), "Daddy yawn!"
We usually fill up my car with gas on the weekends while running errands in a neighboring town because it's much cheaper. But, this week I was on Empty and had to get gas at a local station that I'd never been to before. The next day, we passed by the station again and Ryne yells "Mommy got gas!" - luckily, this outburst took place in the confines of our car, otherwise it could have been quite an embarrassment!
Ryne told me that Callie (our calico cat, with beautiful calico markings) was "dirty."
Ryne can count to two. He loves to "count" things, and if you ask him how many of something there is, he'll point to each item and "count" saying "One. Two. One. Two. One. Two."
Ryne started refusing his straw sippy cup this week. He'll say "No water" or "No bubbles." He used to think it was funny when the sippy cup would make bubbles after he took a drink, but now I'm not sure if it scared him, or if he just wants to drink from a big boy cup. So, we're trying another sippy cup, which is working as long as it doesn't have the lid on it! He wants the lid "off!" Luckily, it's usually just water in the cup, but we did start giving him a tiny bit of juice (mixed with water) this week at dinnertime. I was hesitant about the juice, but I guess a little Vitamin C can't be bad.
1 comment:
Now that Sabine is technicaly out of the twos, I must say it was more a "terrific twos." The twos bring new and exciting accomplishments/abilities, and the trick is to encourage those with enthusiasm. Things seem to be much more entertaining and fun that way.
Post a Comment