
Flashback: This photo was taken in Vail, CO over President's Day weekend February 2004. We went with a group of friends for a ski trip and stayed in a nice cabin. It was a great trip with a terrific bunch of people! On this particular day, we decided to walk to the resort (several miles in the snow) instead of taking the tram. It was nice exercise! And, notice the sign says "Caution. Path not maintained in winter." What a fun trip!
As a special bonus, there's a video attached below to go along with this week's Flashback. We thought this was hilarious, but maybe it's one of those "you had to be there" type things. We'll see... While posing for the above photo, our friend Jay accidentally had his camera set to video and caught our posing in action. We didn't realize the mistake until later while looking at all the photos! ENJOY!
VIDEO - Vail, CO
This particular ski trip was bittersweet. My Mom had volunteered to come up from Tucson and stay at our house in Phoenix to watch the cats while we were out of town. I talked to her several times during the trip to see how things were going and tell her about our fun adventures. Upon returning to Arizona, my Mom finally decided to break the news to me that she had been diagnosed with colorectal cancer and would need surgery. She knew the whole time that we were on our trip, but didn't want to ruin our vacation. I was devastated and felt so helpless. I was also sad that I wasn't there for her when she found out. I never knew that someone so close to me would get cancer! That was five years ago, and thanks to early detection and surgery, my Mom is living cancer free. I know that she's one of the lucky ones and many families are not so fortunate.
March is colorectal cancer awareness month! Did you know...
1 out of 18 people will be diagnosed with colon cancer.
Colon cancer is 90% preventable.
Cover your butt...and get screened! Click here for more statistics and info on colorectal cancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment