
My brother Shawn is participating in AIDS Walk Las Vegas on April 19th, walking as part of Penn & Teller's team. Besides scoring free tickets to a Penn & Teller show, Shawn is supporting this cause because "I've been wanting to start doing A LOT more charity work this year, and I have a lot of respect for Penn & Teller and what they stand for, so it was a natural fit to do the AIDS walk and to do it on their team! They match my donations 100%!" With contributions from people like you, there is newfound hope in the fight against AIDS - but there is still no cure. Support Shawn and donate to this worthy cause.
Aid for AIDS of Nevada (AFAN) provides support and advocacy for adults and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS in southern Nevada. AFAN works to reduce HIV infection through prevention education to eliminate fear, prejudice and the stigma associated with the disease.
Last year, I added a section on my blog called “Charity Corner” in an effort to help support my friends and family that are trying to raise funds for charity. “Charity Corner” is located on the left-hand side of my site. If you feel so inclined, please donate to help support Shawn. My hope is that you will at least be inspired to participate in a charitable event of your own in the future. Would you like me to add your fundraising link to “Charity Corner?” Let me know!
2 comments:
We both have charities on our mind. I'm revising (aheam, "adding to") my list of charities that I want to support this year! ~D
Thanks for the shout-out, sis!
Post a Comment