So, we’ve been in Paris for a little over a month now. And, what that means is that it’s almost time for Pehr to get his first Parisian haircut! With this comes a slew of unknowns: Does he have to make an appointment? How does he explain how he wants his hair cut? Does he tip even though tipping is not expected in Paris (at least when it comes to other services like in restaurants, hotels) or is the hairdresser different? Well, he’s going to ask his co-workers about the appointment and tipping questions, and as far as the style question goes, one of our French translation books includes the phrases “I’d like a trim” and “Can I see a style guide?” They also have one for “OK. Cut it all off!!!” LOL! Oh, and the cheapest price for a man’s haircut that we have seen displayed is around 20 euro – or roughly $30! But, hey…it advertises that it includes the cut AND they’ll even comb your hair for you when they’re done – WOW what a bargain!
Funny enough, the French word for man is hommes, pronounced “um.” I just found this out! Even after taking French in high school for 2 years, I was still pronouncing it “homes” – as in homie or homeboy! Oops!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, you studied French in high school? I bet it's coming in handy now! :) Take pics of his first haircut. hehee ~D
Post a Comment