The church is situated on top of a hill with nice panoramic views of Paris. Outside, the church is heavily geared toward tourist entertainment with a carousel, juggler, human statue and a guitarist (singing American hits such as “Hotel California”). However, inside the church it is a completely different atmosphere. Sacré-Cœur is open for perpetual prayer and worship. Lit mostly by candlelight, the church was silent as everyone explored and admired the beauty of the stained glass and statues throughout. Unfortunately, pictures were not allowed inside the church.
We were then able to walk around and explore more of Montmarte and the area surrounding the church. What a neat little place! There were a ton of markets, flower shops, bakeries and unique boutiques. Unfortunately, it was getting late and getting colder by the minute, so we didn’t get to spend as much time there as we had hoped, but we can’t wait to go back!



2 comments:
I really wish your pictures would let me click through to see higher-res versions. I bet that top one here looks awesome normal sized...
I know...that kinda stinks! I think I can post them at a larger size, but I don't want it to be overwhelming. I'll have to play around with it since I'm new to all of this! But, I'll email you that pic so you can check it out with your "new" eyes!
Post a Comment