Monday, March 31, 2008

Mission Haircut: A Success

Pehr finally got his first Parisian haircut and it was a success! Friday I walked by the Coiffure and decided to stop in since they weren’t busy. I said “Bonjour. Parlez-vous Anglais?” right off the bat. No funny business – this was serious stuff! She said she spoke a little English, so that was a good sign. I asked her if we needed to make an appointment and she said Yes, although the appointment book for Saturday looked wide open. I told her I would talk to my husband and have him give her a call with the time that worked for him. I got home and emailed Pehr right away and told him to call now because the lady working speaks English. I gave him some key words in French in case he needed them. He emailed back a few minutes and said “I think I just made an appointment.”

So, on Saturday we all went on a little field trip to the Coiffure. I could tell Pehr was nervous and he really wanted me to be there since my French is better than his – although not by much! Ryne’s morning nap almost prevented me from tagging along, but it all worked out. Pehr practiced saying “I need a trim” on the way over there. I reminded him not to use his thumb and index finger as a gauge for how much he wanted cut off – a friend of ours said he did this and instead of getting that much cut off…they cut his hair to that length! Well, turns out Pehr didn’t even need me – he did great! His stylist didn’t speak English, but the girl I spoke to previously was also working that day so she helped a little. I made sure to get his stylist’s name before we left so he could specifically ask for her next time. Whew – what a relief to get that out of the way! We took some Before and After pictures (what a good sport posing for my Blog)!!!

Before

After

1 comment:

SPG said...

Er...is there a difference? ;)