Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It’s raining, it’s pouring…

I FINALLY found and bought a rain cover for Ryne’s stroller!!! Someone I had been in contact with in France before moving over here recommended I get one. And, believe it or not, even after living in Seattle, I didn’t already have one. I desperately tried looking for one in Arizona before we left but could NOT find one – go figure!

While we were out and about on Sunday, we were window shopping (since all the stores were closed) and we found a store that seemed like they might have rain covers. So, on Monday I ventured back over there and tried to explain what I needed. Luckily I knew the French words for “rain” (pluie) and “stroller” (poussette) but then just picture me trying to mime to her what I wanted...hilarious! Anyway, she finally understood and 24 euros later - Voilà! Granted it cost almost double what I paid for the umbrella stroller itself at Wal-Mart, but it was so worth it! Now I don’t have to feel like the worst Mom in the world toting my kid around town without one (EVERYONE has one) but it also came in handy today! It is the weirdest day weather-wise. It is sunny with patches of blue sky one minute and then pouring down rain the next minute. When we walked over to meet Pehr for lunch earlier it was nice and then all of a sudden it started raining and hailing! Not only does the rain cover protect Ryne against rain and wind, but also second-hand smoke! Mission accomplished!

My little Bubble Boy!

4 comments:

Lady Lawson said...

And...YES, for the record he WAS wearing a hat and mittens. I just took them off when we got home - LOL!

Anonymous said...

Man, is there enough air in those plastic bubbles? Ha! That's cool that you found one just in time. ~Dena

Anonymous said...

BTW, I like your "watch him grow" album. Did you have professional pregnancy photos taken? I love them! And, where's your pregnancy line on your tummy? Lucky you! ~D

Lady Lawson said...

Thx Dena! Pehr actually took those pics at our apt. We love them! I told him how talented he is, and he said it was just because he had such a beautiful model...awwwww!