Monday, May 12, 2008

Date Night!

My parents watched Ryne tonight so Pehr and I got to go out on a date – our first one since we moved here! We walked to the Champs-Élysées and had a nice dinner. Then we went to the top of the Arc de Triomphe (up 284 steps) and got to see the Eiffel Tower all lit up. It “twinkles” at 10pm – SO PRETTY! We don’t get to see many things around Paris at night, so this was a real treat! I’m so glad we got to see that before we leave!

Arc de Triomphe at sunset

Us at the top of the Arc

Eiffel Tower lit at dusk - view from the top of the Arc

Eiffel Tower twinkling at night - view from the top of the Arc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! What a treat! Looks like you're really enjoying your time in Paris! ~D

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Glad you two got a date night out! Paris is like another world at night eh? I remember it felt so different without Alexis - but it was GREAT! Try to do it again before you leave! ;)