This morning when Ryne woke up I went in and got him and sang “Happy Birthday.” I can’t believe that our baby boy is 1 year old today! WOW! We had a fun day hanging out with my parents and my Mom and I made Ryne’s birthday cake. My parents smuggled in Betty Crocker cake mix and frosting from the US – Mmmmm! We made yellow cake with banana filling and chocolate frosting. Ryne loves bananas (and so do I) and it was delicious…if I do say so myself. It may look a little ghetto…but it was made with love and that’s what counts!
Happy Birthday - Joyeux Anniversaire!When Pehr got home from work we had a little celebration with presents and cake. It was a great time! Ryne had so much fun! I was actually surprised, but he totally understood (and loved) the present part! He would open one present and then point to the unopened ones as if to say “Next, please!” He got lots of fun goodies…although his favorite present so far is still the suntan lotion bottles that my Mom and Dad brought with them – go figure!
Daddy's home - time to party!

Birthday boy!
Opening presentsAfter we sang “Happy Birthday” and blew out his candle, we let him have his first piece of cake. He did exactly what I told my Mom he would do too. He gently touched it a few times with his hands, very skeptical and wary of the whole thing. Then I took some of the icing on my finger and put it in his mouth, and the rest is history (pics below)!
Make a wish!

Mmmmm!

Not a fan of the birthday hat!
Sharing cake with his Grandma

Grandpa and Grandma with the birthday boy!

Getting hosed down!
Special Delivery indeed! Wearing the new outfit from Grandma and Grandpa that shows all of his birth stats in the form of a postage stamp - cute! (Oh, and Ryne totally looks like my brother Shawny when he was a baby in this pic)!!!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Ryne!! Sahara wishes she could have been there to celebrate with you on your special day. How wonderful that you are a year old now ... such a grown up boy, eating cake and all by yourself now. Your mommy and daddy must be very proud of you and love you so much. Sahara sends you a birthday kiss and hug. Love, Deann & Sahara :-)
Happy Birthday Ryne! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Can you believe that our boys are 1 year old. Ryne is such a cutie! Happy Birthday from your cousins. They can't wait to see you again and play:)
Happy Birthday Ryne! ~D
I have Ryne's first birthday listed right here on my calendar!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I remember Ella's first birthday like it was yesterday. What special special memories. They just grow up too fast.
Lots of love from all of us Grays!
Post a Comment