Tuesday was my parent’s last full day in Paris. Pehr had to go back to work, but I took them to visit Saint Sulpice Church as the last part of our DIY Da Vinci Code tour. Saint Sulpice is the second largest church in Paris – only slightly smaller than Notre Dame. It houses one of the world’s finest and most famous pipe organs as well as the gnomon (a type of sun dial) and brass line made famous by Dan Brown’s Da Vinci Code. The church disputes Brown’s claims and states that the brass line running through the church is simply part of the sun dial and is not the same meridian line (“The Rose Line”) that runs through Paris.
Gnomon "sun dial" at Saint SulpiceAfter Saint-Sulpice I wanted to show them part of Luxembourg Gardens since we were in the area. We only saw a tiny fraction of the park, but it was a nice day so we enjoyed the time outside. There were some very weird (ah-hem, I mean interesting) artwork on display throughout the park as well. It was a nice ending to my parent’s visit.



Everyone who visits has to pose with the baguettes - it's a Paris Lawson tradition (Shawny did too, but it was with his camera so I didn't get to post his pic)! Au revoir ma mere et mon pere! Bon voyage!




1 comment:
How fun. Yum...a baguette! ~D
Post a Comment