Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cubbie #1 vs Cubbie #2

When my parents came to visit they brought with them the brand new Cubbie #2 that I had ordered. When we showed the new Cubbie to Ryne, along with the old one – he was in heaven! He was holding them both and just snuggling up to them. I’ve been trying to let Ryne sleep with #2 during his naps to get them acquainted and so far it’s gone well. Tonight after Pehr put Ryne down to bed, he came out and said “FYI, the new Cubbie is in there.” Oops! I forgot to change them out after his afternoon nap. Well, we’ll see how it goes tonight I guess. As I type this though Ryne is starting to cry – which is very rare…he usually goes down without a fuss. Hmmm…maybe I will need to go get the original Cubbie and put him in there instead. I’ll wait a little bit longer and see how he does…

Here’s a pic so you can see just how “loved” Cubbie #1 is! Actually, now that I have them side by side there are several other differences that I never noticed. I knew that the wording on the jersey was going to be different, but I just realized that the new Cubbie's sleeves are striped, not solid blue. And the bill of the new Cubbie's hat is in the back, not on the side like Cubbie #1. Oh, well! So far I don't think Ryne notices or cares. Hopefully he will love the new one just as much and not discriminate! Oh, and by the way, he's quiet now...hopefully that lasts all night!


Cubbie #1 and Cubbie #2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is their a baseball logo on Cubbie #1 hat in the front... I can't tell if the hair is covering it up or not... Can't wait to see how long it takes for Cubbie #2 to look as "worn in" as Cubbie #1