It’s Friday, so you know what that means…

Flashback: My Dad's birthday was earlier this week, so this Flashback is dedicated to him! I'm so truly blessed to have a great relationship with both of my parents. I've always been a Daddy's Girl, but I'm very close to my Mom as well! It's great! My Dad and I share interests in movies, TV shows and books. He and Pehr get along great and bond over sports (Go Cowboys!), stocks and politics. He's a terrific grandfather to Ryne as well...Ryne loves his "Ganpop!"
My parents have been married for 34 years. They met when my Dad was at the US Air Force Academy. This picture is from his Freshman year at the Academy - isn't he handsome?! No wonder my Mom couldn't resist! When I was younger everyone said I looked like my Dad, but now everyone says I look just like my Mom! I actually see a lot of my brother in this pic though.
My Dad served in the USAF for 20 years as a fighter pilot. Today, my Dad works for the US Government as a civilian doing Top Secret ("If I tell you, I'd have to kill you") type-stuff.
Happy Birthday Dad! We love you!!!
3 comments:
Great post Ms. Erin! Love it. And, thanks for his service. My dad and grandpas (and boyfriend) are military men. Noble stuff! ~D
Ahh...Dad's uni-brow. Memories...
Be careful Shawny...you may end up as an unsuspecting victim of a future Flashback Friday post! ;-)
Post a Comment