So, I thought I'd start a new recurring post called Nifty Thrifty that I'll update frequently, as needed. I was going to be creative and call it Thursday Thrift Tip or Sunday Savings or something cute like that, but I didn't want to have to wait a whole week to share my great tips! I'll also add a corner to my blog to list all of the Nifty Thrifty links so they're easily accessible.
Here's a reminder of some of my past "unofficial" Nifty Thrifty tips. Check them out: Ebates and AAA.

Nifty Thrifty Tip: Cold Stone Creamery - Free Ice Cream on Your Birthday!
Sign up for a free Cold Stone Creamery account online (click here) and then join the Birthday Club. It's that easy! A few days before your birthday, they'll email you a coupon for One FREE Love It size (Medium) Signature Creation. We're not talking ice cream with just one mix-in. No, sir! A Signature Creation usually has 3+ mix-ins handpicked for the best imaginable flavors. You can use the coupon up to 10 days after your birthday. Did I mention that it's FREE? Now, who can say "No" to FREE ice cream?! You can also add up to five family members to each account. Can you spell Y-U-M-M-Y?!?! My ice cream was not as fancy as the one pictured above. LOL!
Happy big 3-0 to me!!!
I talked to my Dad today and he said I should go to Denny's for a free breakfast. I hadn't really thought of that and wondered if they still offered a free meal on your birthday. Why not go all out on the Free Birthday idea, right? Well, I checked their website and while they do still offer birthday specials for kids, apparently they haven't had the adult free breakfast since 1995...bummer! But, I came across this list of "Free Food on your Birthday" from another blog (The Frugal Mom) and it was very informative. Oh...I also called my local Taco Bell and asked about the birthday special. They said "No"...I think they were mad because I called during the lunch hour - oops!
Nifty Hint: Create a free Yahoo or Hotmail account to use when signing up for all of these accounts. That way your main email Inbox doesn't get overloaded. Just make sure to check it often for your coupons and special offers!

4 comments:
Today is your birthday?! I meant to mark my calendar! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ~D
Happy Birthday! I didn't know that about the ice cream.
Love the Thrifty Tips! Very cool!
What an awesome thrifty tip.
I didn't know that! I LOVE this new feature of your blog. Thanks for sharing.
The BIG 3-0!
What a way to celebrate.
Post a Comment