It’s after 1pm and Ryne and I are still in our PJs! Fun stuff, huh? Not really…we’re both feeling a little under the weather. Ryne came down with a cold on Tuesday night (cough and runny/stuffy nose…seriously, again I ponder - how can it be both runny and stuffy at the same time, but it is!). A summer cold? I was not expecting that! It’s either a result of our playdate on Monday or maybe from the wall A/C units in our hotel…which are horrible! They don’t maintain the temperature at all! Sometimes it’s downright muggy and toasty in here and at other times it’s an icebox! Poor Ryne…last night he woke up at 2am crying, which is a real wake up call since he is such a good sleeper and sleeps 11-12 hours straight every night. I waited a few minutes to see if he would go back to sleep, but it soon became evident that all was not well in the other room. I opened the door to his bedroom (aka the living room area in our hotel suite) and it was freezing!!! I turned off the A/C unit, picked him up, covered him with his blanket and just cuddled with him for about 20 minutes. He quickly fell right back to sleep. Now my throat is starting to hurt. Just in time for our pool party tomorrow too - not to mention my upcoming birthday! We’ll probably still go to the party, but I don’t think we’ll be doing much (if any) swimming, which is too bad because Ryne loves the pool and we don’t have access to a pool around here!
On the subject of lounging around, I rarely watch daytime TV, and if I do it’s usually TLC or HGTV. But, today I had Rachel Ray on in the background while Ryne and I were playing and I learned about the Flat Belly Diet (no exercise required I might add) – intriguing! A re-run of The View was on after that and I listened to poor Elisabeth get totally berated by the other women as they discussed politics. I don’t watch that program, but if the concept is to have different women’s point of views, why does it seem that she is the lone conservative of the 5 women? That doesn’t seem fair. I often hear about her in the news having some heated, emotional argument with one of the other co-hosts. I don't know why I even care about that, it just struck me at the moment as unfair. So, that was part of my morning - LOL!
Anyway, I hear Ryne waking up from his nap and I do have to run some errands later this afternoon, which means it’s time to go put on some real clothes and get on with life.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope you feel better... I thought maybe Ryne's was because of teething, but maybe not if you are feeling bad too. Hope you can still enjoy your party and meet lots of people.
Mark has a runny, stuffy nose right now too! It is weird in the summer. I agree with you about Elizabeth on the view, I don't know how she puts up with it.
Post a Comment