Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bearly Grown - Oh So Precious!

A Mommy friend of mine here in CT sent me info on this local lady who owns a company called Bearly Grown. Basically, she makes these stuffed bears (and blankets) out of your little ones favorite outgrown clothing. So, instead of storing it away in the attic or garage or whatever, you can "recycle" it and treasure it forever! What a neat idea and just take a look at the bears...they are precious! (On a side note, most of my images should be clickable now...so click away!)

Anyway, I thought I'd pass the info on because it's such a great idea. I think she sells the bears for $98, which is out of my price range, but I think the blanket is a great idea...and I just might have to steal it! I've never "quilted" anything before, but I can use a sewing machine just fine and it doesn't seem too difficult.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG those are the cutest things ever... and what a good idea! I have all these 'special' outfits from each boy that I keep moving from one spot to another. Im thinking I need to get sewing! Thanks for posting :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! :) I love it and may have to splurge. hehee Did you see the quilt my boyfriend made for my niece? I want to learn to sew so I can make her one too! ~D

Brandie said...

I'm not a great seamstress, but I do have a sewing machine. I bet we could totally do this. I've been wanting to learn to quilt for quite some time. This would be a great project.

Speaking of sewing, we still use the Christmas tree stand cover/blanket that you made for us. It's part of the Gray family tradition!