Monday, September 15, 2008

Green Thumb?

Me? Hardly! I've never been a big gardener. But, the mood struck me and I thought I'd give it a shot. Everywhere I went there were beautiful bulbs for sale. Plant them now and watch them grow in the spring! It's like a nice little surprise. You know how it's always nice when you take out your winter coat and find money tucked away in the pocket? That's what I figure it will feel like come early spring.


These are the flowers that I planted. Narcissus Pheasant's Eye. Muscari Grape Hyacinth. Narcissus Tete-a-Tete and Jetfire. I have no idea what any of that means, but they looked nice...


I really had no clue what I was doing, so let's just hope that it works! I originally wanted to plant tulips, but the tulip packs did not have the Deer Won't Eat Me symbol on it! So, between the Deer Won't Eat Me symbol and the fun Easy To Grow thumbs up symbol, hopefully things will work out. Guess we'll find out in 6 months or so!


Now, this is really pathetic! I'm sore today, and I'm pretty sure it's from my gardening stint yesterday! That's just sad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful flowers when spring arrives~ D

Brandie said...

We don't have to worry about deer eating flowers/plants here - but we do have to worry about javalina and rabbits. You wouldn't believe the damage those two can do. Javalina eat succulent plants - they ate four or mine down to the roots - and rabbits eat all the blooms on my petunias and lantana.

One day last year, you should have seen me chasing one rabbit down with a broom - not in my flower garden you pesky rabbit!

Em said...

I loved spring when we lived in PA, because magically all of these flowers came up everywhere. Since I didn't plant any of them it was quite a suprise.