Friday, September 26, 2008

Ouchie #2!

We've survived Ouchie #2. If you recall, Ouchie #1 occurred in Paris. This is Ryne's second "major" ouchie. He's constantly bumped and bruised, but every now and then we get a big time ouchie. Ryne tripped and hit the wood side rail on our bed - the part that holds the box spring. Pehr and I were both right there, it just happened. What are you gonna do? Besides wrapping him in bubble wrap from head to toe, or putting padding on every single hard surface in our house, I guess there isn't much we can do. We're just lucky that he didn't hit his eye, and in the long run we're thankful that we haven't had any trips to the ER or broken bones or anything. Again, his ouchie looks much worse in person (and on the second day even more black and blue). I think the flash on my camera washes it out. But, Ryne survived and look, I even got a little smile!


2 comments:

SPG said...

Good thing you weren't evil and just posted the first photo, because that would be really sad. Nice to see a smile on his face, despite the battle scar.

Jennifer said...

Poor kid. I know you feel bad, but there is nothing you can do about it! I'm glad he's still smiling, though. He is too cute!