Friday, September 5, 2008

Christmas Tree Shops?


I received a flyer in the mail yesterday for Christmas Tree Shops. Now, I love Christmas - it's one of my favorite times of the year, but I was thinking "Wow, this is really early! Here we go again!" I checked out the flyer anyway for kicks and giggles and then I was thinking "Hey, this stuff is really cute!" Check out their flyer here. Not only did I not see ANY Christmas items whatsoever, I saw something that caught my eye (the decorative "map" suitcase on the cover of the flyer will go perfectly in our office!)

So, today I visited the Christmas Tree Shop for the very first time. I had to make a return at Babies R Us anyway, so I was in the area and decided to check it out. Well ladies and gentlemen...the verdict is in! The Christmas Tree Shop might just be one of my new favorite stores! As a matter of fact, their slogan is "Don't you just love a bargain?" Well, you know me and the answer is a resounding YES! Anyway, the Christmas Tree Shop is this HUGE store with a mix of Michaels/Bed Bath & Beyond/Big Lots. They have a ton of crafty type things, decorations, framed art, furniture, pet supplies, toys and even a snack food section. They have some really cute stuff and then some really random things. And their stuff is cheap! Now, I'm not saying you don't get what you pay for, so buyer beware, but overall I loved their stuff. I could've spent hours in there browsing I'm sure. But, Ryne was getting fussy and ready for a nap so I was on a mission and couldn't afford to get too distracted. I walked away with the large decorative "map" suitcase and two white display shelves for Ryne's wall for $26!

And, wouldn't you know it - I did not lay my eyes on one single piece of Christmas decoration! I even told the cashier that it was my first time in the store because I thought it was a year round Christmas store, yada yada yada (me making a new best friend and all) and she said they don't get Christmas stuff out until after Thanksgiving. So, that begs the questions...what's with the name then?! Oh, and unfortunately it looks like they only have locations in the NE, so for all (or most) of my blog followers who are on the West coast, all I can say is it sucks to be you! Maybe if you come for a visit we can check it out!

1 comment:

Lin and Didi Lawson said...

I'm envious. It sounds like a great store, and I like the flyer.