Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Friday: My Swan!

It's Friday, so you know what that means...


Flashback: Yesterday Ryne turned 20 months. Next Wednesday, Pehr turns 384 months old (he figured this out). He actually refers to it as the 3rd anniversary of his 29th birthday. So, in honor of his upcoming birthday, this week's Flashback post is dedicated to Pehr.

This photo is Pehr in September 1984 when he was 7 1/2 years old. This pic is one of my absolute favorites of him growing up. I just love his expression, his hair (now you know why I'm hesitant to cut Ryne's) and of course those bright blue eyes. This cute face also belongs to the same boy whose own mother cried when he was born saying how ugly and wrinkled he was and that he reminded her of her Uncle Al. She now laments that he was an ugly duckling that turned into a beautiful swan. Well, aren't I the lucky one then? This is the adorable face - albeit a more "mature" one - that I get to wake up to every morning! I won't embarrass him much further...he knows how I feel! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin, you are the "Lucky" one and so are we that you chose each other and gave us that most adorable grandson. He will only be so lucky to grow up to look "just like his Dad" To make Pehr "feel a little old", we've known him almost half his life!!!

Happy Birthday Pehr.