Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yes, It's That Cold...

We woke up on Saturday morning with our pipes frozen. The low on Friday night was -6 degrees (without the wind chill factor)! Can you say C-O-L-D?! Luckily, Pehr got it working again by putting one of our space heaters out in the garage next to our water pump and we soon had running water again!

Our creek is frozen. The ponds in the area have been frozen for a while now, but since our creek is (was) constantly flowing, I guess it wasn't as apt to freeze. Well, it has now.


My garage door opener (the one attached to the wall) hasn't worked in months! I can only open my side of the garage when I hit the remote opener from inside my car. Granted, this is the old garage door...not the "10 hour" new garage door opener...that one works fine.

We woke up this morning to several more inches of snow, and big fat flakes continue to fall as I type this. Granted, it's not as cold here as it is in the Midwest right now (been there, done that!) And, don't get me wrong, I love being able to experience all of the seasons. But, I get it...this is winter. Now, I'm ready for spring already!


So, this is what global warming feels like, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrrrr! Beautiful to look at I'm sure, but I'm enjoying the mid 70's today.

Hope spring comes soon for your sake.

Jackie, Tyler, Abry and Kaden said...

Yikes! Pretty to look at those great photos but I'll take this 75 degree weather and running water :o) Miss you guys!