Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Photogaholic

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm a Photogaholic. 19,000 and counting...that's how many pics I've taken with my digital camera since getting it for Mother-to-be Day in May 2007, right before Ryne was born. Yep, just 20 short months ago! So, it appears that I'm averaging about 1,000 pics per month! My camera "rolled over" at 9,999 and now a lot of my images have the same file name because it just started over at 0001. No wonder my laptop is yelling at me that it's running out of storage space (if you recall Resolution #4).

Now, to my credit, a lot of the photos I take get deleted right away. Then others get deleted after I've uploaded them but before their saved on my hard drive. While still others get deleted as I (albeit, slowly) sort through them to upload onto online storage and burn onto CDs.

Plus, my camera has a (terrific!) function where it will take 3 pics one right after the other. It's great for getting that "one good shot," especially when dealing with a toddler or group photos. But, that also means that in 5 minutes I can easily take over 100 photos - I can get a little snap happy sometimes! It's really hard for me to delete pictures too. That "D" word really scares me - poof...that captured moment in time is gone forever!

Thank goodness for digital!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the recipe and link... that recipe site is great! I was wondering what kind of camera you have??? Ive been trying to figure out the 3 shot thing on mine so if we have the same one Id like to pick your brain :) What a wonderful saying.lol.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's a lot of pictures!