Friday, July 25, 2008

50+ Things You May Not Know About Me

1. I’ve lived on 3 continents: North America (Texas, Arizona, California, Washington, Connecticut and Illinois), Europe (Germany and France) and Asia (Bahrain).

2. I used to speak German fluently.

3. In 5th grade I had an Iraqi “boyfriend” named Osama.

4. I’ve never been to Mexico.

5. I’m a righty, but I wear my watch on my right hand so some people assume that I’m a lefty.

6. I crack my knuckles.

7. My fingers are crooked.

8. My ring finger size is 4 ¾.

9. I’m short (5’4”) but have long legs.

10. I have a “stork bite” (also known as “angel’s kiss”) on the back of my neck and Ryne has one too.

11. I got a tattoo on my 18th birthday. It’s a small sunflower on the top of my right foot – ouchie!

12. I love to cross-stitch (some people call me an “old soul”).

13. I enjoy doing anything crafty.

14. Photography is a hobby of mine.

15. I love playing board games!

16. I graduated in the top 10% in high school (650+ students).

17. I graduated college Summa Cum Laude with a BS in Marketing.

18. I received the Excellence in Marketing award from the College of Business.

19. I’m a thrill-seeker: I’ve been skydiving (Arizona), bungee jumping (Canada), parasailing (Hawaii) and snowmobiling (Utah).

20. I love roller coasters.

21. Contradictory to #19, I’m a stickler for the rules – I don’t even speed!

22. I’ve never been on a jet ski.

23. I don’t know when the last time I rode a bike was – maybe Junior High?

24. I had 5 wisdom teeth (most people have 4 or fewer). My brother had 6. I guess that makes us freakishly smart.

25. I didn’t get my first cavity until High School and I swore I would never have sugar again – HA!

26. I don’t wear contacts or glasses.

27. I don’t have any allergies.

28. I’ve never broken any bones or had a major injury.

29. I love bargain hunting at yard sales and thrift stores.

30. Shopping is therapeutic for me, but I don’t necessarily have to buy anything. Finding a bargain is especially exciting for me!

31. In college I had a pet rat named Tom. It got a tumor after 1 year and I had to put it to sleep. I was devastated.

32. My first car was a Ford Mustang convertible.

33. I can’t drive a stick shift.

34. I’m loyal to Honda cars.

35. I once worked in a tanning salon wiping the sweat off of the tanning beds.

36. My guilty pleasure is watching reality TV.

37. I love celebrity gossip!

38. I’ve been through a 7.4 earthquake in California.

39. I don’t like hot drinks.

40. I’m addicted to diet soda.

41. I love ice cream and frozen yogurt, even in the winter, which Pehr thinks is crazy!

42. I'm a very picky eater.

43. My favorite "fast" food places are Chipotle and Subway.

44. I’ve never colored my hair (not even highlights).

45. I have a fear of sharks.

46. Loud noises scare me (balloons popping, fireworks, thunder, and guns at old west shows).

47. I once twirled a baton while marching in a parade.

48. I’ve been to the top of the World Trade Center.

49. I made a pillow shaped like a big chocolate chip cookie in 7th grade Home Ec class. I slept with it through college and a couple of years into my marriage before finally giving it up.

50. I worked out for an hour on the elliptical machine 4-5x a week throughout my entire pregnancy, even on the day I went into labor.

51. I have a mind like a steel trap and a somewhat photographic memory.

52. I’m always right (ok, well maybe 99.9% of the time) and sometimes go to great lengths to prove that I’m right!

53. I’m very detail-oriented and often notice editing mistakes in movies and books – which drives me crazy!

54. I’m somewhat OCD (self-diagnosed).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were even a couple things I didn't know about you!!But most I did. You are alot like me.

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I learned some new things, but a lot I knew.

Em said...

I've never been to Mexico either. Fun list!

SPG said...

Cool post!

24) Thanks for the shout-out about the six wisdom teeth, thus implying that I'm smarter than you ;)

26) I don't anymore, either (lasik ;))

31) You had a pet rat? How did I not know that?

49) I remember that pillow!